So, my UnionBank Eon Card had expired so I needed a new debit card to verify my Paypal account. I picked BPI my ePrepaid for my new debit card. After browsing the site of BPI, I realized that it is easier to get and does not require a maintaining balance and yearly fee. BPI My ePrepaid card is good for two years and it costs me Php 500 only.
Once you have your BPI my ePrepaid card, you can proceed on verifying your Paypal account. Here are the steps on how to verify your Paypal using your debit card—- BPI my ePrepaid.
- BPI My ePrepaid card
- Paypal account
- BPI Express Online Account
- BPI Account
- From your BPI Express online account, you should transfer at least Php 100 from your regular BPI savings/current account to your ePrepaid card. Paypal will have to charge you for it but the amount will be returned to you after the verification process is completed.
- From your Paypal account, go to: My Account. Then, choose “Profile” and click “Add/Delete Credit Card.”
- Choose the button, “Add Card” after providing all the information needed.
- After submitting all the required information, Paypal will let you know about the Php 100 transaction fee and will ask you to provide the 4-digit verification code from your card’s online statement.
- After two to three business days, you can retrieve the four-digit verification code from the online statement of your BPI My ePrepaid. The description field should look like this: PP*XXXXCODE where X is digits between 0-9. Example is PP*1234CODE. If you are ready to get the verification code, login to your BPI Express Online account.
- Check the transactions of your BPI My ePrepaid Card and get the four digit code
- Log-in to your Paypal account and enter the four-digit verification code from your bank’s online statement.
That’s all you need to do and your Paypal account will be verified! You can also use your BPI My ePrepaid to fund your Paypal.